November 27, 2009

A Trip To The Local Yarn Shop

i finally made a trip to my local yarn shop. it was sooooooo much fun! my sister and i were going to all the stores that sell yarn cause she wanted a tam and scarf set for her birthday, but she wanted particular colors. so i told her it would just be easier if we went together to A.C. Moore, Joann Fabrics, and this local shop which i had never been to before. We went to the yarn shop first and boy and i glad we did! the lady who owned the shop was there with her two friends and they were sitting at a table knitting and crocheting. they were all so friendly! this happened in early October, so i can't remember all the details, but basically, we ended up hanging out there for almost two HOURS!! just talking with the ladies and looking at all the wonderful yarns. it was such a nice experience. i ended up getting $70 worth of yarn!!! my sister decided she wanted a mitten and scarf set in one color and a tam and scarf set in another color. and then i saw this absolutely dream-a-licious grey wool yarn and i just had to buy 2 skeins of that at 18 bucks a pop. so worth it.

i didn't tell them i use a loom to knit. the conversation was just going so nicely and it would have broken my heart to encounter any knitting snobbery. the owner didn't seem like that kind of person, but...
after the fact, i kinda felt guilty, almost as if i was acting as if i was ashamed of loom knitting. but it wasn't about that at all. i've just had to deal with so much knitting snobbery with my friends that i didn't want to chance getting it from this woman with this lovely yarn store and then i would never go there again and get my hands on her yummy yarn anymore. she told us to stop by anytime and sit and knit with her. she also told me to come back when i finished my sister's stuff. so maybe when i go back i'll show her the fine quality of my items, LOL, and then tell her they were done on looms. i feel as if i have to go back there and tell them i use looms to make up for not saying anything before. i am not ashamed of my looms, dammit! LOL

then we decided to still go to A.C. Moore and Joann Fabrics cause i had found coupons to both places. just to take a look to see if they had anything better. nothing at A.C. Moore. but at Joann's i found the purple hat loom! so exciting! i made a hat with my yummy gray yarn with that in one day! looks and fits great. i'm also gonna use that to make my sisters tam and i've been "commissioned" by a friends mother to make a tam for her as well. non paying job, but i'm happy to spread the knitting love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great. If you like eating out, these are some great gift cards for McDonald's and Burger King.
I tried them and they really work.




McDonald's vs. Burger King $250 Gift Card




Free McDonald's vs. Burger King $250 Gift Card!

Anonymous said...

This is hot if you like eating fast food sometimes. Although I don't recommend eating out a lot but you can still
share them with family members and friends. You can get some free coupons for McDonalds and
Burger King.








[url=http://www.mb01.com/lnk.asp?o=2588&c=918271&a=25678]Eat for Free at McDonalds and Burger King[/url]

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact make. The prices seeking the sneakers are around 350 bucks everwhere. But finally I bring about this site selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm really into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices for the sneakers are around 330 dollars on every page. But definitively I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?