February 22, 2009

My Loom Has Seen Better Days

look at my loom! its all scratched up and falling apart!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

and while i'm knitting, i have to occasionally push some pegs more firmly in. they seem to be a bit wiggly and coming a bit loose. they haven't completely fallen out yet. when that happens, i'm gonna bring out the good 'ole super glue and put them back it. the green round kk loom has already lost the anchor peg. i just found it under the couch a few days ago. i glued that back in. the yellow round loom is all scratched up too. i think i heard somewhere that you're suppose to laquer or put clear nail polish on the pegs when you first get the looms to make it last longer. i think its time for a new set...

4 comments:

westie-mom said...

don't you hate it when your tools start to deterorate? I had the same problem and send an email to prove craft about it and they sent me a beand new blue loom! Worth a try.

Brenda, Domedweller said...

Your blue loom looks a lot like mine, Lilly. The pegs on my original KK, especially the blue one, are in shreds. I've been told that the reason is because I'm an aggressive loomer - I like to think I'm just enthusiastic ;-)

I think the new KK purple adult hat loom is made out of better stuff. Hopefully, they'll upgrade the original KK to the nylon pegs, too.

Anonymous said...

Nice, Very Nice! :)
I crochet and Knit too! here is my other blog:
cinnamonpurls.blogspot.com

Take Care~

Anonymous said...

Hi Lilly,

I just bought a loom and I have finished the hat portion. I also want to put a bib on it. How did you add yours? I watched the video but I have no audio, so I could not hear if you talked about how you attached it.