January 1, 2009

Love this hat!

so i made a hat for my boss. she never wears a hat on her head and its getting pretty cold around here! just today the temp is 2, wind chill -17! so i decided to use the lions brand wool ease chunky. i kind of made up the pattern as i went along. i actually got about halfway done and frogged it and started over again. i love the way this hat came out!!! i can't really remember the pattern too well, so i'm gonna try to write the pattern down now on my ravelry page before i forget it! i made it on the green loom. it ended up being just a tad bit too small for her, she squeezed it on her head and said it was okay, but i know it would be uncomfortable to wear for a long amount of time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

here's a close up of the ribbing i did on the brim. i used a cable cast on for the first time for this. i really like the way it turned out!

Photobucket

i haven't thought of a name for this hat yet. it kinda looks like a balloon to me, so i might go with something like that for the name. i wish i was more experienced with the wedge way of finishing a hat. i did a gathered bind off cause thats the way i'm most familiar with, but i think it would have looked much better with a smoother wedge top. nothing would have aggrivated me more than to try something differnt and ruin the hat at the last stages, especially when its a present for someone else and i'm on a time line. maybe i'll try this again for fun and try doing the wedges instead next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lilly,
You said the pattern is on Ravelry. What is your id on Ravelry? I looked through loom patterns and can't find the bubble hat. I think it looks just great! Thanks for sharing. You may email me with the info at mfcohen@yahoo.com

Jovana said...

I love this! I just started using the looms and doing the very basic stitch.. time for me to move on! I love the brim.. so cute! I am not sure what a cable cast is.. but I am going to look it up!