January 25, 2009

UPDATE: The Never-Ending Sock

I DID IT!!!!!!!!! that's right, i finally did that heel! and you know what? apparently i'm a big baby, 'cause it was nothin'! actually, i think it was easier than on some of the bigger looms. so now i'm all set to finish this sock. my next hurdle will be doing the grafting for the toe, and we all know how my last kitchener stitch experience went... i just hope fear of ruining this sock won't make me put it down for 2 months again! i'll post pics of the heel as soon as it gets some more length and clears the bottom of the loom. YAY!!! so excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on taking the plunge into sock-world. They are tedious and I'm with you on diliking the kitchener stitch. I messed up my first time so make sure you have good, clear instructions. I've only done 3pr of sockes so I'm no expert, but it helps. Another suggestion is to try it toe-up. The end result is a little different, but there is no kitchener or removing things from the loom. Good luck!